Saturday, November 28, 2009

Creepy Santa Door Panel

I bought a vintage holiday decoration at an antique mall in Arizona last weekend.

It's 6 feet tall and made of waterproof vinyl and is still in its original package. My guess is that it came from the 1970s. The front of the package depicts an actual picture of the entire product, but if you flip it over you see:

ARRRRGGGGHHHH! Ohmygod - Santa what's happened to you? Has your years of hard working and drinking caught up with you? Do you suffer from constant rosacea or are you sun burnt? Can I get you some aloe vera? Poor Saint Nick, I hope you're not in too much pain. The question is - do I keep you in your package or proudly display you in all your redfaced glory this holiday season?

1 comment:

laura linger said...

He looks like he's on acid. "Ho ho ho! The colors, Rudolph! Don't you see the colors?"