Monday, April 2, 2012

It's the Easter Beagle (again) Charlie Brown

Premiering on CBS in April 1974 - this popular Peanuts holiday special, like all in the series, features several subplots: Peppermint Patty tries to teach Marcie how to decorate eggs; Snoopy dances with the popular and adorable Bunny-Wunnies,Yes, the Bunny-Wunnies; Woodstock gets a new birdhouse; Lucy decides to throw her own egg hunt; and Linus, not defeated by the disappointment of the Great Pumpkin - tells Sally she doesn't need to color eggs because the Easter Beagle will bring them.
IT'S THE EASTER BEAGLE, CHARLIE BROWN moved to ABC in 2000,
where it has aired more or less every year. I believe it's padded with newer, inferior material to fill an hour timeslot. Not sure if ABC is even airing it this year, but you could always buy it on DVD.

3 comments:

Writer said...

If I've ever seen this one I don't remember. Thank you!

laura linger said...

Peanuts cartoons were always such an event in our house when Andy, Jane and I were kids. I sort of lump this show in with Mom sewing our new Easter dresses and the house reeking of hot vinegar for the eggs. The older I get, the more my memories work that way, I guess...

Bunny Wunny!

Anonymous said...

all of the peanut specials have become so iconic over the years. so many of us grew up with them. they are cherished memories of innocent happier times in our lives. for many of us they are as important or more so thsn the holidays they represent. i cannot celebrate any holiday without them!