Thursday, July 14, 2011

The HARRY POTTER Experiment - Part 3

I concluded my foray into the world of Hogwarts, Muggles and other obnoxiously silly words by watching the 5th and 6th films in the HARRY POTTER series.
HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX welcomed new director David Yates aboard and is a vast improvement over the previous installment. The kids are growing like it's going out of style and the stakes are raised as The Ministry of Magic attempts a takeover of Hogwart's. The wonderful Imelda Staunton comes aboard as my favorite villain so far, Dolores Umbridge. Gary Oldman and Helena Bonham Carter also show up in fun roles. It's all about Dementors, Death Eaters and deception as characters introduced in earlier segments begin to reveal their true colors. This thrilling episode is my second favorite in the series so far.
Yates thankfully returned for HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE in which supporting character Draco Malfoy is elevated to super villain, joining forces with other malevolent menaces such as Severus Snape and Bellatrix LeStrange in their attempts to eliminate Harry and his friends from existence. Harry begins a mission to collect seven objects that must be destroyed to put an end to Lord Voldemort's immortal reign of terror - but things don't go as planned.  An exciting outing overall, this sixth film serves a a pre-able to the final installment(s) ot the series, HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS, PART ONE of which I subsequently watched on Blu-ray and PART TWO which arrives in theaters tonight at midnight (I already saw it and it's a pretty wild ride). This
"experiment" was a fun way to spend six consecutive evenings - something I've never did before. I'm glad I've seen the films and now I can answer questions posed to me by my youthful coworkers. I guess I've drank the Kool-Aid.

No comments: