Monday, June 1, 2009

How to Beat Your June Gloom...

It's not that I don't have plenty of important things  to blog about...it's just this crazy "June Gloom" that makes me want look at colorful old advertising that I've had it my design  "swipe files" for years. For example:
Wow - these colors are already cheering me up!  I've always wanted my outfit to match my furniture and my artwork. Who knew it was such "Effortless Ease"?
Talk about colorful! These PSA flight attendants not only "pop" - but all their uniforms are unique, but compliment each other's. How hot is that? If flight crew still dressed liked this, I'd be flying a whole lot more often.
And finally, The Cologne of the Future. I clipped this ad from an old French fashion mag from the 1960s. Not only did the perfume have a "futuristic" name, but the packaging and the ad imagery looked like they could be from another time and place as well. I'd love to have that box sitting on my bathroom shelf.

2 comments:

Pax Romano said...

I was in L.A. last year this time, and did not experience the infamous "June Gloom"; then again, living in the North East, we have gloom starting November 1st and it continues on through May 15th or thereabouts, so I guess I am just used to it.

Unknown said...

Yeah, but those hats are kinda awful.