Friday, September 19, 2008

This Blog Turns 1 Today!

Wow - time really does fly when you are having fun! One year ago today I launched this blog. Originally called MOVIES THAT MAKE YOU SAY "HUH?" - the focus was mainly on bad movies that I love. That first day alone, I posted 5 reviews that first appeared on my other blog, VELVET CANDY ENTERTAINMENT (which was created mainly to promote projects that I produce or work on, like SOCKET, SCREENING PARTY and REUNION).The five first "Huh?" reviews were 1) POOR PRETTY EDDIE - famous for poor pretty Leslie Uggams getting raped while scenes of dogs copulating are intercut. Just plain nasty! 2) THE TEACHER - in which DENNIS THE MENACE star Jay North goes nude. Yikes, Mr. Wilson! 3) THE FAT SPY in which Phyliss Diller shares the screen with Jayne Mansfield! Zoinks! 4) SOMETIMES AUNT MARTHA DOES DREADFUL THINGS which must be seen to be believed and 5) THE GARDENER featuring sexy Joe Dallesandro naked, as usual.Also on that first day, I counted down my TOP TEN MOVIES THAT MAKE YOU SAY "HUH?". That was fun to do.In December 2007, I introduced the concept of the "HUH?" HALL OF FAME - and soon inducted the legendary Liz Taylor and fantastic Faye Dunaway into the membership. In August 2008, I decided to expand my scope and include all of pop culture into my blog - and so DOUGSPLOITATION was born – starting with a look at the Peignot font and how the opening titles of the MARY TYLER MOORE Show and THE ABC MOVIE OF THE WEEK shaped me into the blogger I am today. (See my DOUGSPLOITATION logo for reference)On Sunday, August 25 everything changed when I decided to post a video of a band named "Sonseed" performing "Jesus is a Friend of Mine". As I've said before I've owned this videotape for 25 years and NEVER thought it would catch on the way it did. The rest is history. The best part about the whole experience (other than gaining 4000 readers each day) is that I've been instrumental in reuniting the lead singer Sal with many of his former bandmates and friends. Which, I think, is the coolest thing about this here internet -it brings people who belong together - together! Looking forward to sharing my silliness with you folks for many years to come! - peace, Doug

5 comments:

Danny in WeHo said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Blog!!!!
I've enjoyed a year's worth of "Huh"? thanks to you!!!

Anonymous said...

keep on sharing the silliness...
please! x x x o

Anonymous said...

Dearest One,
Permit me to enter into business relationship with you, i know my message will come to you as a surprise.I am fatima, the only child of David Ousman My late father deposited 3.5millon dollars in finance company hear in Cote d'lvory, before he die, for on-word transfer aborad through diplomatic cargo for investment purpose,
This is an a confidential matter to be delt with carefulness to enable us understand more better with the fund to be a benefit to every one, Or if it can'nt be possible for the trip here, We can negotiate at any nearby country to come with this fund with all proves as a withness for the vital truth behind the stories and with the fund.If you are willing to assist me send to me your full datas so that i will submit it to the finance company.

Miss Fatima Ousman.

Anonymous said...

wow - you've been doing this for a year? I've got lots of reading to do I guess...

Anonymous said...

i've spent all day watching this video. I posted it to my blog and showed ALL of my friends. Honestly, i've never seen a funnier video in my whole life!!!