Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Worst TV Show Ever?

I love Lynda Carter and I like Loni Anderson a lot. Then I should have really liked PARTNERS IN CRIME - shouldn't I have?From 1984, this "high concept" NBC mystery series told the story of Carole (Lynda) and Sydney (Loni), who had nothing in common but an ex-husband! Carole is a former society matron, who is now flat-broke and trying to make a go at it as a photographer. Sydney is a con-man's daughter, a thief and she also plays the bass! When their shared ex is murdered, he wills his private investigation agency to them both! Of course after they solve his murder, they decided to become private eyes together. What a wacky idea for a TV series - TWO fishes out of water and one Odd Couple! I remember being excited when this show was announced (I must have been high) - and then being embarrassed about watching it. Luckily the curvaceous co-stars escaped this mess to do better work. Lynda went on to great small roles in films like SUPER TROOPER and SKY HIGH and, er Loni resurfaced in continuing rolls on shows like NURSES, THE MULLETS and SO NOTORIOUS. Hmmm - "Dougsploitation Hall of Fame"... I think we have a nominee...after all she also starred in...
For much more info on PARTNERS IN CRIME go here.

2 comments:

Sabastian said...

love love ❤️ this series Partners N Crime is my fav series out of Lyndas impressive body of work to include stage screen and television her three tv series and fifty + movies and specials The chemistry between Lynda and Loni was great on film It’s to bad lol i mother was dying and she would fly out on johnny carson’s priv jet to be with her the series was taking a toll on her and she asked Johnny to let her out of her contract Lynda was recently married and didn’t seem to mind I’ve sat with Lynda one evening and we talked about my love for this series and she said I loved it too was a lot of fun filming the show so after 13 episodes it went away It was a fun show a good plot two glamorous beautiful women great clothes and a few action scenes what more did you want in 1984-1985 ! I always thought it should of been brought back as a 2 hr movie special

Gary J said...

um, Sebastian, you must be insane - the show was horrible