Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sad "Sonseed" News

Sal from Sonseed has informed me that beloved band member John Wieners passed away on September 29.
Just 20 days before on September 9th, Mr. Weiners sent me this email...

"I would really like to thank you for posting all the Sonseed stuff...as a former member, it was GREAT to walk down memory lane, and to know that people still remember that magical time...as I do.

I guess I am 'Sleepy'...LOL...I am the former Bro. John, CSC...a religious teaching brother at the time who was a member of the group and was instrumental in giving the group a rehearsal space and an auditorium for our Christian Coffeehouse, called HIS PLACE....

BTW...I was the lead singer on our groups signature song.." Sonseed"...

Thanks for having this site, buddy...it's really FUN

John Wieners"


Rest in Peace, Brother John

This one is for you...

4 comments:

laura linger said...

You know, absolutely no fooling around:

I am very, very sorry to hear that.

There is just something so inherently awesome about "Jesus Is A Friend Of Mine." Even my atheist husband sings it to himself around the house. Not many bands can claim the same.

Brian said...

Goodbye, Brother John. We we will miss you.
Rest In Peace.

Anonymous said...

idk... i'm not wanting to be the asshole here, but how do we know that's really from him?

and by the way, every time i get to 1:18 i laugh REALLY hard because he looks so unenthusiasic XD

Doug said...

Well asshole, er, anonymous - WE know the email was from Brother John because I forwarded it to Sal and the two were able to reconnect before John passed away. Believe what you want, but it makes me happy to know that Brother John had a sense of humor and was glad about Sonseed's resurgence. I'm sure he would be happy to know you find his lack of enthusiasm so entertaining.

peace, dude