Monday, October 13, 2008

Tragic Halloween Costumes (Garry Marshall edition)

Let's take a quick look at some Garry Marshall inspired fright masks. No, not a Julia Roberts/PRETTY WOMAN hooker costume, but some 1970s classics from the days when Marshall was behind almost every ABC sitcom. He-ey! Check out this great  Abe Vigoda mask...no wait ...it's Henry Winkler as Arthur Fonzerelli...
Why did they feel the need to make Fonzie's ears, nose and chin gigantic??? Moving right along, we have those lovable roommates,  LAVERNE & SHIRLEY...Yikes!!! 
Actually and sadly, these masks are pretty accurate. But what Laverne without her giant "L"??? Boo! Hey does anybody have a Pam Dawber mask? Nope, just the annoying alien known as Mork from Ork...
Na-No, Na-No...Shaz-Bot! I have nothing else to say.

5 comments:

pup don said...

OMG, for fifteen years I've been dying to find a friend who would go with me as Laverne and Shirley for Halloween. But rather than these faboo pre-made costumes, I wanted to dress up in pillow cases (I get to be Laverne, with the "L" sewn into hers), shower caps, and tissue box slippers from when they were on vacation at Raoul's on the Bay (we got now WALL, Shurl!!!).

laura linger said...

You know, Ken and I are having a dickens of a time trying to find Halloween costumes for this year that don't cost a freshly birthed baby and are retro-cool. I wish I could get my hands on some of these. It would be just like me to force Ken into being Shirley Feeney for Halloween.

I think I am going to attack a white nightgown with red Kool-aid, draw a gash on my face, and go as Abigail Folger. Ken already said NO to being Tex Watson.

Doug said...

Why not go as Laverne & Shirley as IF they were victims of the Manson family?

pup don said...

OMG, I was going to a three margarita lunch with some colleagues at the El Coyote one time and made a joke about having the Sharon Tate special. Everyone laughed except one guy who then revealed he had been good friends with the Folger family. Careful who you joke with in Hollywood. LOL!

laura linger said...

Really, I shouldn't be so cavalier about poor Abigail...none of the victims, really. It comes with being absolutely obsessed with the case for 25 years. Gallows humor, I guess.

I have always wanted to dine at the El Coyote. I have heard that if you ask for the "Tate Table," you can have it if it is available, or wait for it if it isn't.