Saturday, October 11, 2008

Tragic Halloween Costumes (bionic edition)

Well, I've had absolutely no requests for any more of my parody NBC 1974 SLIDESHOW slides, so here's some more hideous Halloween costumes from the seventies. Here we have THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN, who looks more like CBS newsman Dan Rather. Also, the graphic illustration is perversely out of proportion. I did not realise that Steve Austin has elephantitis of the head.
And then there's THE BIONIC WOMAN...which isn't half-bad, but why does she look like she's sleeping? Oh - this must represent Jamie Sommers' in a coma - after her parachuting accident. Wake up, Jamie - wake up!!!
I wonder if Ben Cooper ever made a FEMBOT costume? Now that would have been terrific - especially if it came with the requisite rainbow smock and Ronald MacDonald fright wig!

1 comment:

Tony Z™ said...

Even when I was a kid I didn't care for the Ben Cooper costumes. Although I'd always go to the store and go through them trying to find something cool.
They sucked though, because, please...when did Steve Austin ever wear anything with his picture on it!!! It was dumb! I hated that. And 99% of the Cooper costumes were designed like that.
I wanted a costume that looked like what the character wore, not a plastic smock with the character's picture on it.
Grrr.